- When someone asks “why do you like that song/person” we can’t really pinpoint an exact reason, there may be a million reasons. And one very valid one is “we kinda just do”. There’s no telling if you’ll like/ dislike that person or song. Even if everyone does or doesn’t. You might love it or hate it. We can never know. That’s the mystery/mastery of life.
- There’s so much that’s said / not said. A lot in a connection is expressed (lyrics) but ALSO, there’s a lot that’s not said (instrumental). And the beauty part is that’s what makes it come together.
- You get to travel. Hearing the stories of a person’s childhood feels like they’re guiding you on a tour through their hometown. Hearing Portuguese artist Badoxa sing Eu Sei, really feels like I’m in standing in the white beaches of Mozambique. Have I been to Moz? Not yet. Do I understand Portuguese? Even more nope.
- Language. Even though you don’t understand the phrases, it can still resonate. When your friend/lover says something in a language they’re most comfortable in, we can’t help BUT love it. Same goes for song lyrics, we begin to experience how they view life through expressions in that very language.
- It’s an instinctive universal language. If you see a friend sad, you comfort them. If you hear beats, you tap your leg and sway your body. Every person brings out a different version of us. There’s no proper “do this, do that”… it’s very much a go with the flow.
How beautiful is it that we don’t know what or who will connect with tomorrow?
Yvonne Iyer, Arran Ganesh and 8 others 11 Comments Like Comment Share[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]